Our Mission Statement:
Poole Dermatology The Laser Center of New Orleans performs many services and procedures for all our clients. Dr. Poole has extensive training in all aspects of Dermatology.
- Board Certified in an accepted cosmetic/aesthetic field: Many laser offices today are run by physicians who trained in fields outside of Dermatology or Plastic Surgery. Most of these fields generally have had no training in cosmetic procedures, laser surgery, or even an in depth knowledge of skin anatomy, structure and function. Make sure that any physician that treats you for any condition is Board Certified by the American Board of medicine which they claim. For Laser Surgery, Dermatologist have been the pioneers in most all the aesthetic laser procedures used today. Dr. Poole is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
- Dr. Poole is a recognized expert in this field: Current affiliations and Fellowships include: Director and Laser Surgeon for the Vascular Anomalies Center, Children’s Hospital New Orleans; Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (www.aad.org); Fellow of the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (www.asds.net); Fellow of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (www.aslms.org); Fellow of the Society for Pediatric Dermatology (www.pedsderm.net); Clinical Assistant Associate Professor of Dermatology at LSU Health Sciences Center and Tulane University.
- Physician personally performs or directly supervises all laser procedures: Unfortunately, many laser practices delegate most procedures to minimally trained technicians, and often no physician is even on site. This can often lead to poor results and unwanted side effects. Many states around the country are now passing laws to limit the use of lasers by non-physicians because of these complications. At the Laser Center of New Orleans, we understand our responsibility for safe and effective laser surgery. Our Physicians personally perform or supervise on site all laser procedures.
- Our practice owns and operates all its Lasers: Dr. Poole’s philosophy has always been that in order to become truly expert in the use of these advanced technologies is with regular, daily experience. Many practices rent their lasers only 1-2 times per month, making it (not only inconvenient for the patient, but) difficult to become expert in the complicated art of Laser Surgery. At the Laser Center of New Orleans we personally own and operate all the lasers in our laser practice.
- Our practice utilizes only the best laser technology: While many laser practices or big box national companies may say they use latest or best technology, review our information under each of our lasers. They are recognized industry-wide as the top lasers in the field. Additionally, Dr. Poole meticulously follows all new laser developments, ensuring that our patients get the best, not just the newest, laser treatments.
We will not sell, nor authorize the sale of, any information we receive from you. Poole Dermatology website contains links to third-party websites. The purpose of this website is to provide general information and not medical advice. This website is not a substitute for consultation with a physician. Do not act or rely upon information from Poole Dermatology without seeking professional medical advice.